Not far from Neuhaus, there stands the Vornbach am Inn castle. The former Benedictine abbey was a flourishing abbey for more than 800 years that had increased in significance due to the church music of the time. In the middle of the 12th century until the end of the Middle Ages, there was a famous grammar school in the abbey.
One of the most significant abbots was Angelus Rumpler, who was a famous historian. Today, the castle grounds (not accessible) extend in to the area of the previous monastery garden. After 1850, the owner at the time commissioned the royal horticultural director to redesign it into an English landscape park.
The former monastery church is particularly worth seeing.
Further information can be found at www.neuhaus-inn.de.
Die Cookie-Einstellungen auf dieser Website sind auf "Cookies zulassen" eingestellt, um das beste Surferlebnis zu ermöglichen. Wenn du diese Website ohne Änderung der Cookie-Einstellungen verwendest oder auf "Akzeptieren" klickst, erklärst du sich damit einverstanden.