Neuburg castle towers majestically over the Inn, having been built in 1050. It has had its current outer appearance since being rebuilt after its destruction in 1310. The Passau court painter gave it the character of a royal renaissance castle. Then, Georg Graf Ludwig von Sinsendorf had it turned into a baroque castle.
After considerable damage due to a fire in 1810, the castle complex was used as a brewery and malthouse. Neuburg castle and the court taverns belonging to it were elaborately refurbished and extensive portions can be seen in its old splendour.
Besides the Rural District Museum (“Landkreisgalerie”) of the rural district of Passau and the district hall for conferences, today, Neuburg contains rooms for the Passau University, a hotel and the court tavern.
The circular trail leading to the viewpoint at the south dungeon shows an amazing view into the valley around the Inn.
Further information can be found at www.neuburg-am-inn.de
Die Cookie-Einstellungen auf dieser Website sind auf "Cookies zulassen" eingestellt, um das beste Surferlebnis zu ermöglichen. Wenn du diese Website ohne Änderung der Cookie-Einstellungen verwendest oder auf "Akzeptieren" klickst, erklärst du sich damit einverstanden.