The only Trappist monastery in Austria is located in Engelhartszell.
Founded in 1293, it had been abolished in 1786 and served as a factory among other things in the aftermath. However, in 1925, the Trappists came to Engelhartszell that was exalted as an abbey in 1931. The impressive monastery church was built in Rococo style and contains works of art by Joseph Deutschmann, Johann Georg Üblhör and Bartolomeo Altomonte that are indeed worth seeing.
Today, the Engelszell monastery is known for miles around for the herbal liqueur and Trappist beer that it brews as well as its Trappist cheese.
Further information can be found at www.stift-engelszell.at.
Die Cookie-Einstellungen auf dieser Website sind auf "Cookies zulassen" eingestellt, um das beste Surferlebnis zu ermöglichen. Wenn du diese Website ohne Änderung der Cookie-Einstellungen verwendest oder auf "Akzeptieren" klickst, erklärst du sich damit einverstanden.