It is clear that the Schlägl Monastery is the gemstone of the Mühlviertel region. Here, at the foot of the Bohemian Forest, the members of the Premonstratensian Order have worked and lived for almost 900 years.
The Gothic monastery church is furnished with three naves and is impressive due to a large staircase up to the main nave. The altars, pulpits and choir-stalls from the 17th and 18th centuries are impressive with their rich carving and inlay work give the church a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
The pipe organ from 1634, known as the Putz-Orgel in German, is among the most significant organs in Austria. The Schlägl organ concerts are popular worldwide.
The Early Baroque library shows how significant science and education was to the monastery – the impressive collection comprises around 60,000 books and numerous manuscripts.
In addition, the Schlägl monastery has an extensive collection of paintings with valuable Gothic panel paintings, as well as a collection of portraits in this form of all the brothers from 1802 onwards. Further information can be found at www.stift-schlaegl.at.
Die Cookie-Einstellungen auf dieser Website sind auf "Cookies zulassen" eingestellt, um das beste Surferlebnis zu ermöglichen. Wenn du diese Website ohne Änderung der Cookie-Einstellungen verwendest oder auf "Akzeptieren" klickst, erklärst du sich damit einverstanden.