Across from Erlau, on the Austrian side of the Danube, Krämpelstein castle has been built into the mountain. It consists of the residence tower and the palace extension. It had first been mentioned in 1171, but the “Schneiderschlössl”, which is another name for the castle, was probably once a Roman sentry. The tower most likely stands on foundation walls built by the Romans. This would have coincided with having uncovered Roman coins from the time of Diocletian and Maximillianus in a crevice located within the Krämpelstein cliff.
Today, the castle is under private ownership and not accessible to the public.
Die Cookie-Einstellungen auf dieser Website sind auf "Cookies zulassen" eingestellt, um das beste Surferlebnis zu ermöglichen. Wenn du diese Website ohne Änderung der Cookie-Einstellungen verwendest oder auf "Akzeptieren" klickst, erklärst du sich damit einverstanden.