Together with the Saldenburg castle and the Englburg castle, it belongs to the name givers of the Dreiburgenland region.
Fürstenstein castle towers over Dreiburgenland and can be seen from far and wide. It is no longer known when it had been built; the oldest known date in history was the destruction of the castle in 1332. During the time thereafter, it was rebuilt and was held under the possession of many noble ruling families. In 1848, the castle burned down and was rebuilt in 1860 by the Passau bishop Heinrich von Hofstätter. Up until 2001, the Order of the Maria Ward Sisters maintained a private rural adult education centre there. Since then, the castle has been in private possession and has not been accessible to the public. However, the castle gates are regularly opened for culture events and festivals.
More information can be found at www.fuerstenstein.de.
Die Cookie-Einstellungen auf dieser Website sind auf "Cookies zulassen" eingestellt, um das beste Surferlebnis zu ermöglichen. Wenn du diese Website ohne Änderung der Cookie-Einstellungen verwendest oder auf "Akzeptieren" klickst, erklärst du sich damit einverstanden.